[Photo Credit: By Chatham House - Juan Manuel Santos, President, Republic of Colombia and HRH The Duke of York, CC BY 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=74724945]

King Charles Says ‘Law Must Take Its Course’ After Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Arrested in Epstein-Linked Probe

King Charles III issued a solemn and pointed statement Thursday, declaring that “the law must take its course” just hours after his brother, Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, was arrested in a UK police raid tied to the ongoing Jeffrey Epstein investigation.

The written statement came after Thames Valley Police confirmed the arrest, sending shockwaves through Britain and beyond. In his message, the monarch struck a tone of gravity and restraint.

“I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office,” King Charles wrote. “What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities. In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation.”

He left little room for ambiguity, adding, “Let me state clearly: the law must take its course.”

The king also emphasized that, as the investigation unfolds, it would not be appropriate for him to comment further. “Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all,” the statement concluded, signed simply, “Charles R.”

Police confirmed that “a man in his sixties from Norfolk has been arrested and remains in police custody” as part of an investigation into suspected misconduct in public office. Officers carried out the early-morning arrest at Mountbatten-Windsor’s home in Sandringham—on the day of his 66th birthday.

The arrest follows renewed scrutiny over the former prince’s ties to the late Jeffrey Epstein. In January, the U.S. Department of Justice released millions of documents connected to Epstein, who died in a New York jail in 2019 while awaiting trial on child sex charges. The newly released files revealed additional details about Mountbatten-Windsor’s past contact with the disgraced financier.

Among the materials made public were emails that appeared to show Mountbatten-Windsor forwarding sensitive UK trade visit reports to Epstein while serving in a senior, government-linked capacity. The correspondence allegedly occurred years after Epstein’s sex offense conviction.

At the time referenced in the documents, Mountbatten-Windsor was serving as the United Kingdom’s special representative for trade and investment, a position he held from 2001 until July 2011. The role placed him at the center of efforts to promote British trade abroad, making the allegations particularly serious given the public trust associated with such a post.

Last year, King Charles stripped his brother of the “prince” title, a dramatic step that underscored the seriousness of the controversy surrounding him. Despite the mounting scrutiny, Mountbatten-Windsor has consistently denied any financial or sexual wrongdoing.

The latest developments mark a significant escalation in a saga that has already cast a long shadow over the royal family. With police confirming that the investigation centers on suspected misconduct in public office, the legal process now moves to center stage.

As King Charles made clear in his statement, the monarchy’s official stance is one of full cooperation with authorities and deference to the rule of law. The coming weeks are likely to test that resolve as investigators continue their work and the public awaits further details.

[READ MORE: Report Raises Questions Surrounding Alleged Affair Between Texas Congressman and Late Aide]

expure_slide